Monday, November 19, 2012

CAS Field Flowers

It usually takes me a long time to fall asleep at night (no matter how tired I am), so a lot of nights I'll lay in bed and ponder ideas for cards and scrapbook pages.  Anyone else do this?  So here's the result of last night's ponder (giggling that I made ponder a noun instead of a verb)...


I got the color combo from the 400th color challenge on Splitcoast, to use Pear Pizzazz, Baja Breeze, and Bravo Burgundy.  Burgundy and I don't get along very well, so I only use it when it comes up in color challenges and my strategy is almost always to use the absolute minimum that I possibly can.  I kinda sorta cheated a teensy bit on the color challenge too, I added a bit of Not Quite Navy but the flower needed the extra oomph to counteract even the little bit of Bravo Burgundy.  The whole image panel is some Very Vanilla DSP, it's a very subtle pattern IRL and actually shows up better in the picture.

The layout is from CAS(E) This Sketch #6.  


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU):
Stamps:  Field Flowers
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, Bravo Burgundy, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, Bravo Burgundy, Neutrals DSP Stack, Floral District DSP
Accessories:  paper piercing template, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Jackie Rockwell said...

This card has such a peaceful and elegant feel. Love it! So glad you played along with us in this week's CAS(E) this Sketch!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Christy! LOVE that flower!
Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

I totally work and rework projects in my head when I'm suffering from insomnia. Sometimes I even dream about creating - it's sick, really. Right?! LOL Love the end result of your "ponder." It's lovely! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!