Friday, December 14, 2012

Friday Flashback: The Sounding Joy

Welcome to another Christmas edition of the Friday Flashback.  This week's set is The Sounding Joy, which is one that I resisted and resisted buying when it was in the mini catalog (was that last year or the year before?), and then I totally caved and bought it at the last minute.  Then when it arrived Christmas was over with and I never made anything with it...until today!


I was tidying up some things in my craft room when I ran across the retired snowflake accents, which are the Petite Felt Flurries...got those on the clearance rack quite some time ago and I'd never done anything with them, either.  And this is the first time I've cut into the Letters to Santa DSP that I also got on clearance.  Man, I need to steer clear of the clearance rack.

Anyway, once I found the snowflakes, I had my color combo and I immediately knew what sketch I wanted to use:  this week's Retro Sketch.


My panels are bigger to accommodate my larger stamped images, but I stuck pretty close to the sketch.  As always, thanks for stopping by and hope you have a lovely Friday!  I'm about to brave the cold and rain and go run some errands.

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  The Sounding Joy
Ink:  Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Versamark
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Whisper White, Bella Rose & Letters to Santa DSP (both retired, I think I should make it a point to use up more retired paper when I do Friday Flashbacks, what do you think?)
Accessories:  Petite Felt Flurries, gold brad, gold EP

1 comment:

maria f. said...

I really like this. Like the plain CS in the background and that sentiment is gorgeous.