Monday, December 10, 2012

Sparkly Pink Snowflakes

I saw this pretty pink snowflake card on SCS last week and ever since then I've been wanting to make something with pink snowflakes.  And I really liked the most recent sketch over at Freshly Made Sketches:


Just under the wire!  And then Dynamic Duos went with monochromatic pinks, so it just had to happen!


So here's what I did:


I kind of wish that snowflake from Mixed Medley was just a little bit bigger for this sketch.  Just for funsies (and because I hadn't used it in a long time), I coated the snowflake in Iridescent Ice embossing powder.

Then I kinda wanted to see what it would look like with more "traditional" blue snowflakes (though if you wanna get technical, real snowflakes are white).


ETA:  Just discovered that my blue snowflake card works for Nacho Average Challenge #24, bonus!


So which one do you like better, the pink & gold or the blue & silver?  I like 'em both!


Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Mixed Medley, More Merry Messages
Ink:  Pretty in Pink, Rose Red, Versamark, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
Paper:  Pretty in Pink, Whisper White, Brushed Gold, Floral District DSP; Bashful Blue, Brushed Silver, Regals DSP Stack
Accessories:  Corner rounder punch,  1 1/4" scallop circle punch, scallop edge border punch, Iridescent Ice EP, gold brad, silver mini brad

9 comments:

Cindy Hall said...

Wow, both cards are fabulous, but I'm swinging toward the uniqueness of the pink and gold. Very cool. Thanks for playing along with my sketch this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Allisa said...

Both cards are great, I am partial to the blue and silver! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Vicki Burns said...

I like them both, but I think I am more drawn to the blue one. Don't know why, just am. :)

Jenny Engelke said...

Both cards are great! I'm partial to the blues and silver, but I love the pinks and gold too! Thanks for joining in at Dynamic Duos this week!

Linda Suarez said...

Great cards Christy! I like them both! Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Tammy said...

Pretty cards! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos this week!

Amy White said...

What a great set of cards! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

Bobbie said...

I love the non-traditional colors used on your pink card, and I love the sparkle! Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

Anne Hayward said...

I've got to go with the blue snowflakes. Very pretty! I love the snowflake image from Mixed Medley.
Thanks for playing along with the Nachos!