Friday, January 25, 2013

Friday Flashback: Teddy & Train

Welcome to another Friday Flashback!  Today's stamp set is Teddy & Train, which I bought on a whim right before it retired.  I haven't used it a whole lot yet but I'm not sorry I bought it :)  First up is a card from the archives:


Seems like where I am, people mostly do Evites for baby shower invitations, but occasionally I get asked to make a keepsake paper invitation.  For this one, the shower hostess told me the mommy was decorating the nursery in pink, light green, and paisley, and she liked traditional baby type stuff.  So this was what I came up with based on those guidelines.

Here's the new card:


Not the greatest photo, sorry about that--the flash reflected off the embossing powder a bit.  Simple layout and a more neutral color combo from old SCS challenges.  The card base is Blush Blossom, so it's almost a neutral pinky color maybe?  All the stuff is retired Stampin' Up!, even the button...I got some old buttons when they did the first color renovation years and years ago (the one where they switched Baroque Burgundy for Bravo Burgundy, which I still think was a mistake...Baroque was so much prettier).  Anyway, simple card for today.

Thanks for visiting the Friday Flashback!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Teddy & Train (retired)
Ink:  Blush Bossom (retired), Chocolate Chip craft (retired, wah), Certainly Celery
Paper:  Blush Blossom (retired), Close to Cocoa (retired, wah), Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Certainly Celery DSP (retired)
Accessories:  clear EP, Close to Cocoa button (retired)

1 comment:

Angela said...

These are two perfect baby cards to keep on hand. Babies seem to come out of nowhere :)