Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Pink Seashells

Hello again!  I've got a pretty card to share today, or at least I think it's pretty.


What do you think?  The color combination is courtesy of Create with Connie and Mary, though I added Sahara Sand to the mix (I hope the Challenge Police don't arrest me).  And there is Whisper White on this card...the Sahara Sand piece is stamped with Netting in white craft ink, the ribbon has white thread in it, and...well, the shells used to be white before they met my sponges and got all pinkified.  I stamped the crab from this stamp set too, and even started cutting him out before I thought hahaha NO and just went with the five shells that are easier to cut :)


I wouldn't have thought of using marine stamps for this color combination but Connie's card inspired me :)  What, shells can be pink.  And dark blue.  And pretty much every other color, right?  The advantage of being a stamper:  shells can be any color I want them to be.

The layout is from Fab Friday's 9th challenge:


Hope you like, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  By the Seashore, Netting, Perfectly Penned
Ink:  Pink Pirouette, Midnight Muse, Whisper White
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Subtles DSP Stack
Accessories:  Midnight Muse double-stitched satin ribbon

6 comments:

Deb said...

This is a very pretty card! Love the pink shells, too! And cut out next to the Sahara Sand, they look like they are right on the beach!! Thanks for playing the challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Margaret Raburn said...

I probably wouldn't have thought to use this set with this color challenge but I really like what you have done with it!! I bought this set because I miss my retired seashells set, but haven't used it yet! You're inspiring me!

Melissa Davies said...

I love your creativity with this set - very unexpected and just so fun! Thanks for joining us this week at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Shells can be any color you want them to be! Love the card! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

Shells can be any color you want them to be! Love the card! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary!

Connie Babbert said...

Love the pink shells!!! How clever to arrange them like this! (And no police for the Sahara Sand element...I like how it balances the colors!) Thanks for playing along with the color challenge this week on Create with Connie and Mary!