Thursday, February 14, 2013

Happy Birthday to My Sweetie!

If you're looking for hearts today, you won't find them here.  Today is not just Valentine's Day, it's my husband's birthday  :)  He hates sharing a birthday with V-Day (as he says, have YOU ever tried to give someone else a present on your birthday?) and would probably rather ignore the fact that he has a birthday at all, but I won't let him do that.  So I made him a card.


I was looking through the SCS color challenges that I hadn't done yet and ran across Close to Cocoa and Night of Navy, which made me laugh--I often tease Lee that all his clothes are khaki, gray, black, or navy blue, so pretty much all neutrals (what, I consider navy blue to be a neutral).  So here's his manly neutral-color birthday card, which is based on this week's Nacho sketch:


Love the sketch, though I'm not 100% in love with my card.  Let's be honest, I'm rarely 100% in love with my creations, but that just leaves me room to improve, right?

Happy birthday to Lee, and happy Valentine's Day to everyone else :)

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Best of Birthdays
Ink:  StazOn Black, Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Bashful Blue, Wild Wasabi, Pumpkin Pie
Paper:  Night of Navy, Close to Cocoa, Whisper White, retired DSP in NoN and CtC
Accessories:  1 3/8" square punch, Dimensionals

4 comments:

Tammy said...

What a GREAT card! I love the simplicity of it--perfect for a guy! Your hubby will love it! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos again--love seeing what you do with our challenges!

Jenni Hogan said...

Nice Guy card. I just may have to case this one!!! ;o)

Rose said...

Super card. I am not good at mixing different patterns but you did it very nicely. TFS-

Anne Hayward said...

Great guy card! Thanks for playing along with the Nachos.