Thursday, February 7, 2013

Vintage Birthday

Two manly birthday cards in a row, that's gotta be some kind of record or something.  I reached for some vintage (read:  retired) colors for this card to go with a vintage bicycle.


I think I'm off my game though, I haven't been really, really jazzed about anything I've made this week really.  I think the two circle embellishments are throwing me off on this one because I covered up that Chocolate Chip corner.  Urgh.  The sketch is from Seize the Birthday, though I am too late to enter it for the challenge:


I love the name of this challenge.  It reminds me of a line from Disney's Robin Hood, when chaos has commenced at the archery contest and Prince John hollers "SEIZE THE FAT ONE!", referring to Maid Marian's chickeny lady-in-waiting, Lady Kluck, who was doing a pretty good job of adding to the chaos all by herself.  I don't know why but I find that line (or the way he says it, or something) totally hilarious.  I've been wanting to play along in the Seize the Birthday challenges for a couple of weeks, so maybe next time I'll actually get my card made in time.  And maybe I'll make something I like a little better than this one...

Thanks for stopping by today, let's all go watch some Disney movies, k?

Supplies (all SU!)
Stamps:  Feeling Sentimental, Curly Cute
Ink:  Chocolate Chip, Dusty Durango (retired), Sage Shadow (retired)
Paper:  Sage Shadow (retired), Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Au Chocolat DSP (retired), Dusty Durango Patterns DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Windows Framelits, 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches, 5/16" neutral brads (retired)

No comments: