Monday, March 11, 2013

My Second Swallowtail

Guess what?  This is my 100th post here at Snapdragon Stamps!  Just thought I'd share that :)  I got in my stamp room yesterday and after a LOT of thought (though, oddly, no chocolate), I made this card.  Lookie!


This is for the Still Addinktive challenge, which is sketch and/or color:


I originally thought I'd do a different color combo, but I just really wanted to see what that butterfly would look like embossed with the Pool Party EP on Island Indigo, so I did both halves of the challenge after all.  I am LOVING this giant butterfly.  This card was pretty quick to put together too since I just embossed the butterfly and didn't color it in.

Everything on here is SU only, but the ribbon is retired.  It's from a holiday catalog past...I got it thinking I might use it for my Christmas cards whatever year that was, but the knot is too thick to get by our picky picky postmaster, so I've got a roll that's still almost full.  So I'll take opportunities to use up some retired stuff :)  And this card is going out in the mail TODAY, I'm so proud!  :D

Thanks for stopping by, let's hope this is the beginning of a fabulous week!

Supplies (all SU!):
Stamps:  Swallowtail, Vintage Verses (SAB)
Ink:  Versamark, Island Indigo
Paper:  Island Indigo, Pool Party, In Color & Regals DSP Stacks (I used up some scraps, yay me!)
Accessories:  retired quilted satin Cherry Cobbler ribbon, Pool Party EP, Hearts a Flutter Framelits

8 comments:

Kathy @ Stamping Still said...

Ooh this is so pretty Christy! That butterfly looks gorgeous is pool party. I've been trying to resist that butterfly because I have so many butterfly things, but you've made me REALLY want it!
Anyway, thanks for playing along with our challenge at still addINKtive this week. I love what you've done with the colours and the sketch.

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Oh my goodness, this is a stunning card. The colour combo, along with the sketch, turned out really well. Love the beautiful, embossed butterfly. Thanks for playing along at still addINKtive challenges.

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Wow! That butterfly is beautiful! I love how you incorporated it into the sketch. Thanks fro joining us this week at still addINKtive.

Susan Joyce said...

Love how you used the sketch and colours Christy, fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Still addINKtive this week.

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I like the way the sentiment just pops against the cardstock color. Very pretty card! So glad you joined us this week at stillADDinktive!

Vicki Burns said...

100 posts already? Guess that means I've missed a LOT. Guess what I'll be doing until bedtime?

Vicki Burns said...

BTW, how could you not have any chocolate???

Annymaree said...

Hi Christy,
I have awarded you a Liebster Award. Pop over to my blog to collect and pass it on.
http://myfavouritepastimes.blogspot.com.au/