Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Crushed Curry!

Hola, peeps!  We just got back from Spain last night...the last three blog posts were scheduled before we left so you'd still have something to look at :)  But anyway, I didn't check email at all while we were gone, so I had a big surprise waiting when I got home and there's all this color refresh stuff happening at SU!  I've said it before on here, and apparently the stamping gods were listening, because WE'RE GETTING CRUSHED CURRY BACK!  So I wanted to use it on today's brand-new-actually-made-today card.


I used Rich Razzleberry and Old Olive with my Crushed Curry on this.  I started with a Curry card base but it was just too much, so instead I sponged some ink on white cardstock.  I like the colors together, and I like the sketch, but I'm not quite feeling this card.  Maybe it takes a day or two to get back in the swing of things after being on vacay.

So here's the Nacho sketch:


So back to the color refresh thing.  There are a couple of colors I am SO glad to be getting back--Bermuda Bay!  Crushed Curry!  I'm ambivalent about most of the current In Colors that are staying...I don't mind having Pool Party and Island Indigo stick around, though I liked Cool Caribbean more and I kinda think Island Indigo is close to Pacific Point.  And I never much cared for Blushing Bride, so I for one would rather have Pretty in Pink stick around.  I know lots of Splitcoasters were in love with Blushing Bride, but not I.  We need more purples, so I'm okay with Wisteria Wonder staying, though I like other shades of purple better.

Which brings us to the retiring colors...BAJA BREEZE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!  I read that on the computer last night and made this weird noise and hubs thought someone had died and then thought I was weird for mourning over a color retirement.  I love Baja Breeze, it's one of my favorite SU! colors.  I would SO MUCH rather have it than Soft Sky, which seems too close to Pool Party, and both of them together aren't as awesome as Cool Caribbean all by its onesies.  And also Bashful Blue, Riding Hood Red, and Not Quite Navy.  I love all those colors...I think Bashful Blue's retirement leaves a giant hole in the blues lineup, what do I use now for baby boy cards?  I can kinda see RHR going since they're keeping Cherry Cobbler (though I love RHR), and I don't care a pin about Bravo Burgundy going bye-bye since we have a well-documented acrimonious relationship, but I'd rather keep NQN than Island Indigo.  Then again, if I ran the stamping world, we'd only ever get more and more colors and none would ever retire (even Bravo Burgundy). 

Vote Christy for Queen of the Stamping Universe!  And have a nice Tuesday.  I'm making enchilada loaf for dinner and catching up on the shows I missed while we were in Spain.  Hasta la bye-bye!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Blooming with Kindness
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive
Paper:  Whisper White, Old Olive, International Bazaar DSP
Accessories:  Whisper White taffeta, Windows Collection Framelits, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute card! Crushed Curry really is a nice one--glad to see some favs coming back!

Anne Hayward said...

Glad Crushed Curry is coming back, but will miss Baja Breeze as well. Great sunny card!

Sharon Wheet said...

I think you did a fabulous job with our sketch this week @ NAC. Great work, always!
and I agree with you on the retirement of baja breeze and bashful blue, and the return of soft sky.
have a great week.