Thursday, April 25, 2013

Happy Hummingbird

The weeks are just flying by, aren't they?  Can't believe we're almost at the end of April.  But here's another springy card for today:


Thought I'd give some other soon-to-retire stamp sets some lovin' today, so I chose Elements of Style and Pursuit of Happiness.  I *am* bummed that they're retiring Pursuit of Happiness, I've used that set a LOT.  I really like Elements of Style too but haven't used it much of late.  This was going to be a Mother's Day card until I settled on that "grateful" sentiment from Pursuit of Happiness; it shows up against the background better IRL than it looks like on the picture.  And the ribbon matches the hummingbird better too, even though I've got some natural light in my craft room the colors in the pic seemed to be a tad off.

This layout is courtesy of Retro Sketches:


Kind of an unusual layout to my mind but I kinda like how my card turned out.  I saw a card earlier today (I think it was in the new SU! catalog, demos can see it online now which I just figured out this afternoon, DUH) that had the reverse masking technique so I thought I'd give that a whirl today.

Hope you have a fantastic day and thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Elements of Style, Pursuit of Happiness
Ink:  Blushing Bride, Baja Breeze (sniffle! is there a petition to replace Soft Sky with Baja Breeze, 'cause I'd sign it!), Crumb Cake
Paper:  Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Twitterpated DSP
Accessories:  Baja Breeze seam binding, Labels Collection Framelits, Dimensionals

No comments: