Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Heavenly Butterfly

Ya know what?  I think it's been too long since my last giant butterfly card.  Let's fix that.


Man, it is SO EASY to make really striking cards with this stamp!  I admit though, my first plan was to emboss the butterfly with Melon Mambo EP but then I discovered I don't have any.  Whaaaaat?  Clearly I don't have enough stampy stuff yet and must buy more.  But I kinda like my backup color combo, which is Gumball Green and Calypso Coral with Basic Black.  Come to think of it, this woulda been good with Pool Party and Basic Gray too, so maybe I'll do that next time.

This easy breezy beautiful sketch is from Unscripted Sketches:


Happy stampin', folks!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Swallowtail, Blessings from Heaven
Ink:  Versamark, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories:  Gumball Green EP (was in the Holiday Catalog, can't remember offhand if it's still available), Apothecary Accents Framelits, In Colors Designer Printed brads, Calypso Coral baker's twine

3 comments:

Geri said...

I love how you 'switched up' the sketch elements! Your bacground became the focal point with the sketched tag being the complimentary factor. Well done!

This color combo is awesome - great call on the color mixes! Of course, the butterfly is stunning!

Thanks for sharing your talent and creativity with us during our 4th Blog-iversary celebrations at Unscripted Sketches :)

SmilynStef said...

That green butterfly is magical ... so glad you joined us at Unscripted Sketches.

dstandard said...

Fabulous color combo = love that butterfly! http://iaintnowriter.blogspot.ca/2013/04/thank-you-time_17.html