Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Boyish Valentine

I'm making progress on the twin boy baby books!!  The picture might not be the best, but you get the idea.


In the past I've been a bit disappointed with several of my February layouts, but this one I'm quite chuffed with (ooh, British slang, ha!).  Periodically when working on baby books (or, more rarely, my personal scrapbooks), I like to go through all my patterned paper and just refresh my memory as to what all I have ('cause it's a lot).  And every once in a while I make a serendipitous discovery!  The heart paper on the sides of the layout is actually from Sweet Shop Specialty DSP, which mostly has a bunch of ice cream and cupcake patterns.  When I found the heart paper I almost shouted EUREKA but then I thought they only do that in movies, so I refrained.

But I digress.  I thought the paper would be perfect for these two books as the mom likes bright colors (hence, the Calypso Coral page base) and the hearts say "Valentine" without it being all pink and girly.  And the Hearts a Flutter stamp with the bitty hearts in a heart shape (does that description even make any sense?!) coordinated with the paper beautifully.  I managed to make two of these layouts in fairly short order and was quite pleased with them at the end.

A word about the alphabet...when I graduated from college, my parents offered to get me a college class ring but as I was already engaged to hubs at the time I didn't figure I would wear one.  So instead I got the old red Sizzix machine with the lever, and this alphabet (upper, lower, and numbers).  So I've had this alphabet for like 10 years and it still gets pretty frequent use.  I like it for scrapbooks (not just baby books) because it's fun and informal and very forgiving with lining the letters up, which makes life easier with my OCD about having things lined up properly.

Thanks for stopping by today, now go forth and stamp happy!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Hearts a Flutter
Ink:  Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade
Paper:  Calypso Coral, Pool Party, Island Indigo, Whisper White, Sweet Shop Specialty DSP (retired)
Accessories:  Hearts a Flutter Framelits, old Sizzix alphabet

1 comment:

Tanya said...

The green/blue hearts are perfect for a baby boy! You totally should shout EUREKA! :)