Monday, May 20, 2013

Daffodil Madness

Howdy, folks!  It's an overcast and rather dreary day today in my corner of England, so I made a bright and cheery card to counteract the gray skies.


I used the sneak peek set Mosaic Madness along with the new In Colors Coastal Cabana and Strawberry Slush--I must really like that combo as it's the *exact same one* used on my first Mosaic Madness card.  I think this mosaic stamp set is designed to make OCD people like me twitch when the designs aren't lined up properly ;)  Good thing I am close friends with my Stamp-a-ma-jig.  I also had to combine a cool new set with one of my favorite outgoing sets, Curly Cute.  I didn't buy that set for the longest time but once I did, I used it quite a bit and I'll miss it when it's retired!  Not that I can't (or won't) still use it anyway.

Today's card is based on the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches:


I think the FMS crew routinely publishes sketches that I just absolutely love :)  My Whisper White panel is all one piece, and I just masked off the bottom bit when stamping the mosaic pieces and then covered the join with ribbon, though that ribbon is a bit sheer to really hide the split.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Mosaic Madness, Curly Cute
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, Quatrefancy DSP
Accessories:  Daffodil Delight seam binding

2 comments:

Amy O said...

What a bright and cheery card! I love the pattern you've created, and I love the colors. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Love this happy card Christy! So fun seeing the preview items! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!