Friday, May 3, 2013

Friday Flashback: Just Beakause

It's Friday, and that means it's time for another Friday Flashback!  Today's stamp set is Just Beakause, and the funky birds in this set always remind me of the Tiki Room at Disneyland.  I haven't used this stamp set a whole lot since I got it (wow, back in 2006 from the dates on Splitcoast?) but at least today's Flashback will be longer than last week's ;)


My first card with the set, done for a Virtual Stamp Night (VSN) challenge on Splitcoast.  The sentiment is punched out with the key tag punch (I think that was what it was called?).  I kinda miss that punch.


Hey look, I used the funky birds on a baby book layout for my friend Sarah's daughter.  Sarah likes bright colors so that's how this one came about.  I also used the retired set Tropical Party on this layout, and the fun Island Oasis DSP.

Ok, so a whopping two previous projects, but still longer than last week's ;)  And here's today's brand new card!


Ok, so it might seem an odd choice for a Mother's Day card, but hubs' parents both grew up in the Canal Zone in Panama and my MIL likes the bright tropical birds, so that's the reasoning behind the card.  Makes sense to me.

And this card came together in a flash thanks to the Fab Friday sketch:


Heyyy, this time I stayed pretty close to the original sketch, aside from putting my flag on the wrong side on the sentiment.  After I stuck everything down I kinda wished I'd done paper piercing around the bird image but too late now.  And have I been using those Glimmer Brads a lot lately?  Can't mail 'em from here (postmaster is super picky about anything dimensional) so luckily this will go in a package.

Ooh, tip for the day!  If you've got a Glimmer Brad with the legs stuck together, the paper piercing tool can help unstick them, just use the point to pry the legs apart.  I kind of had to work at it on both brads for today's card--I think that's the part that took me the longest in making this, to be honest--but it does work!

Thanks for stopping by for today's Friday Flashback, and I'll see you again in Monday.  And maybe some sneak peek goodiez from the new catalog!!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Just Beakause, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Pumpkin Pie, Tempting Turquoise, Rose Red, Pacific Point
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Whisper White, Island Oasis DSP
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Brights Glimmer Brads

4 comments:

Amanda Mertz said...

Love this fun bright card! I'd forgotten we even had the Just Beakcause set, it fits perfectly with your colors! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Bada-Bing Creations said...

I just love this! That stamp set was always so cute! I love that paper too! Makes me feel like I'm on vacation :-) Thanks for playing at Fab Fri!

Justin said...

That is a great stamp with that DSP! Thank you for playing along with Fab Friday!

Brenda Myers said...

Such a cute card!!! Love that bird!! Thank you for joining us at Fab Friday!!!