Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Punchtastic

Have you ever seen a color challenge online and just thought oh my word, those colors do NOT belong together?  Well, I have.  I've said this before, there are certain pairs I don't like--Baja Breeze and Bashful Blue or Marina Mist; Basic Black and Night of Navy (blame my mom for that one); Elegant Eggplant and Concord Crush, Calypso Coral and any of the real pinky-red shades.

So then this Splitcoast color challenge comes along to use Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals, and Whisper White.  And even though I shudder at the thought of Calypso Coral with Primrose Petals, I gave it a shot.


But I didn't stick the butterfly down too firmly because YIKES.  Instead, I did this:


OH MY GOODNESS THAT'S SO MUCH BETTER.  The butterfly pops out so much better against all the coral and hey, Bermuda Bay lookes *awesome* with Calypso Coral.  I thought about adding a sentiment, but the butterfly is on Dimensionals and this time I *did* stick it down good, so I'll just wait till I want to use this card and then put a sentiment on the inside.

Color crisis averted.  I saved the Primrose Petals butterfly and stuck it on my ink pad caddy.

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Mixed Bunch, Best of Butterflies (is that butterfly not totally gorgeous?!)
Ink:  Calypso Coral, Primrose Petals, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Whisper White, Calypso Coral, In Color DSP Stack
Accessories:  Decorative Label, Blossom, and Elegant Butterfly punches, Dimensionals

No comments: