Tuesday, September 17, 2013

A Purple Rose for the Nachos

It's Tuesday and that means another great challenge from the Nachos!  This week it's a sketch:


I admit, this sketch kinda stumped me at first.  I made one card and wasn't really happy with it, so here's my second take on the sketch:


When in doubt, use Stippled Blossoms :)  I hadn't done any deep purple roses yet so I figured why not (I have, however, done a Wisteria Wonder rose).  That's one of the fun things about stamping; whether or not roses really come in dark purple, I can make dark purple roses anytime I want.  Or hot pink, or deep orange, or any other color.

Go check out what the other Nachos have dreamt up for this sketch, and then join in the fun!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Stippled Blossoms
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Old Olive
Paper:  Old Olive, Basic Black, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, retired DSP in Old Olive & Elegant Eggplant
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Very Vanilla seam binding, Dimensionals, Fancy Fan EF

1 comment:

Tanya said...

I love it in purple! :)