Monday, December 23, 2013

Boscastle

I've got more scrapbook pages to share today!


The pics are from our first trip to Cornwall in 2011; see more pics here.

The thing that took me the longest in making this layout was picking the patterned paper.  I'd already picked the colors, but it took forever to find some DSP that I thought would go well with my pictures...the pattern I eventually went with is from Tea & Crumpets (retired).  I used some of my precious hoard of Baja Breeze cardstock for the page base, and it's textured so the stamped title kind of mimics the look of the patterned paper.  I wish I could say I'd planned it that way but it was a happy accident : )  At first I kinda wanted to get a 5x7 of the pic on the bottom left, but then I ended up just giving it a bigger mat instead.

Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Broadsheet Alphabet, Best of Shelli
Ink:  Elegant Eggplant, Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Baja Breeze, Not Quite Navy, Elegant Eggplant, Very Vanilla, Elegant Eggplant DSP, Tea & Crumpets DSP
Accessories:  7/8" scallop circle and 3/4" circle punches

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

That looks really cool, Chris! I LOVE how the paper compliments the feel of the photos.

I'm at work today, but will be off tomorrow through Thursday. YAY, CHRISTMAS!!! Love you!

Tanya said...

The page is lovely and captures my mental image of "old English"! The hours crack me up- "meh, we'll open when we open!" haha!