Monday, January 20, 2014

Snow

Well, I'm starting off this Monday with a headache, but I'm hoping that my cuppa tea will ameliorate that a bit.  And I've got a brand new scrapbook layout to share!


The photos are from almost exactly a year ago; you can see them here and here.  I kinda wonder if my layouts are getting too boxy, but it's hard to really do much creatively when you're trying to cram in as many pictures as possible (and since our photography has improved, I hate to crop any of the pictures off too!).  I love the picture of the trees with the sun on them and the snow-covered swirly iron work, not to mention the pics of my cute little fur babies :)

I started out with a Pacific Point base for my pages and then for accents I used three super-pastel colors:  Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, and Pistachio Pudding.  The stamped snowflake on the O gave me a good excuse not to try cutting out the center of the letter ;)  I'm hoping now that I've got the scrappy ball rolling for this year that I can pick up momentum and reach my 100-page goal for this year.  Well, I did 146 pages last year if I count the two baby books, but my goal was to do 100 pages in my own scrapbooks, and for that I got to 86 pages.  So hey, not too bad a showing I guess, but I'm gonna get to that 100-page goal this year!

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Snow Swirled
Ink:  Pacific Point, Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding
Paper:  Pacific Point textured, Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, retired Soft Sky DSP
Accessories:  lettering template because I'm crazy and still hand-cut my letters

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

PLUS move to a different continent. Ha! You have your hands full! I LOVE these photos. Beautiful.

CCsMom said...

Well, I THOUGHT I commented on this yesterday, but evidently not. LOVE the black doggies in the snow. And that leaf -- how neat is Mother Nature? It's just beautiful.