Friday, February 7, 2014

Friday Flashback: Watercolor Trio

Friday again and time for another Friday Flashback!  This week it's another short Flashback, this time with the stamp set Watercolor Trio which is beautiful and deserves more love.  Here's my one older card which doesn't really do these stamps justice:


Yeah, I don't think this one is my best work.  I think the sketch is kind of fun, but there's something about this one I just don't like.  Oh, if you squint and tilt your head to the right, you might be able to see the Bella Toile background stamped on the card base...not that I think that's what's wrong with the card, just sayin' it's there.  I hope that today's all-new card is better:


Yesterday I ran out to a lunch date for a friend's birthday and totally *forgot* to grab a birthday card before I went, so I made this one when I got home and will be giving it to the birthday girl a teensy bit late.  I kinda wonder if I should have gone for some Chocolate Chip ribbon instead of the Real Red, but too late now.  The colors are from the Color Throwdown:


They'd make a good Valentine, but I needed that birthday card :)

Thanks for stopping by today, have a lovely weekend!

Supplies, all SU, last card:
Stamps:  Watercolor Trio
Ink:  Pistachio Pudding, Pink Pirouette, Real Red, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip
Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Crumb Cake, Whisper White, Pistachio Pudding DSP
Accessories:  Labels Collection Framelits, Lacy Brocade EF, Dimensionals, Rhinestone, retired Real Red taffeta

5 comments:

Lori said...

So pretty! Love the embossed panel and the sparkly rhinestone accent on the butterfly image. Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

Laura Davis said...

Lovely!
Laura

Wanda Cullen said...

Beautiful birthday card and especially love the embossed panel! So happy that you joined the Color Throwdown challenge this week!

CCsMom said...

I like these colors together. And I do like the butterfly, too!

Vickie Z said...

Love the use of the nestie die for those flowers and sentiment! Thinking the red ribbon pulls in the color from the red butterfly!! Thxs for joining us at CTD!!