Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Oh, Happy Day!

Get out your sunglasses, because today's card is bright!


 Nice antidote to the gray weather we've been having here lately.  No snow, just off-and-on rain and general dampness.  And then that one night that the power was out for almost two hours, that was fun.  Anyway, I think I'm in love with this Retro Fresh DSP, not to mention this is the maiden voyage for Starburst Sayings and I love that too :)  This card is heavy on the Big Shot--I used the Starburst Framelits (LOVE) for the main image and then all three of the banners are cut with the Banners Framelits (also LOVE).  I thought about doing a textured background but decided that four passes through the Big Shot was enough for one card : )

I got the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary:


And I noticed on the linky that someone else made a card with the exact same stamps and DSP that I used!  That's okay though.  It was kind of a no-brainer with this sketch ;)

Have a happy day!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Starburst Sayings
Ink:  Tangerine Tango (I had to re-ink my Tango inkpad, made a big difference!)
Paper:  Tangerine Tango, So Saffron, Very Vanilla, Retro Fresh DSP
Accessories:  Starburst & Banners Framelits, Coastal Cabana stretch ribbon trim, Dimensionals

3 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh YES! I really like this card. LOVE the Framelets starburst thing -- VERY nice. I like using things like that AND the scalloped punches. Looks really neat. LOVE IT!

Deb said...

Love the bright retro colors of your card! And you are right! That Starburst set and framelits really go with this sketch! Thanks for playing the Saturday challenge at Create with Connie and Mary!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

The colors you used for the challenge are fabulous. Love that stamp set! Thanks for playing Create with Connie & Mary with us!