Monday, February 24, 2014

Spring Watercolor

My mom said last week that she wanted to see more springy-looking stuff, and I aim to please, so...


I think it's springy.  Do you?

I used the Banners Framelits for the Hardwood piece, but the original Framelit wasn't tall enough for what I wanted on my card, so I cut cardstock to about the width of the die and then just ran the flagged end through the Big Shot so I could have my banner as tall as I wanted it.  For the flower, you can't tell but it's cut out and popped up on Dimensionals, and I "colored" it with the watercolor swooshy stamp in the stamp set.  Easy peasy.

I used last week's SCS color challenge and a recent Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch:


And now I have to start studying again.  I have to retake half of that stupid comprehensive exam towards the end of March, and I'm working on that tea party too, so it's going to be a busy six weeks.  Bleargh.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Happy Watercolor, Hardwood
Ink:  Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Wild Wasabi, Soft Suede
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White, Quatrefancy DSP
Accessories:  Circles, Deco Labels, and Banners Framelits, Rhinestones, Dimensionals

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

Hey, what would you do with yourself if you didn't have something to work towards, I ask you? So you are in your element. I do like your springy card. Very nice. It's gotten colder for this week, but I'm wearing a dress today as my boss's boss is here for a meeting. Fun times! Love you!

Tanya said...

It looks perfectly "March" to me. :) I just got that Hardwood stamp and am anxious to get playing with it!

Creative Apple Scrampers said...

Love it! Thanks for playing with us at SFF!

Kim Innis said...

Lovely card. We appreciate your joining us at SFF!