Thursday, February 6, 2014

You're Lovely

I had a dream the other night that I woke up in the morning and we had several inches of snow on the ground, and then I woke up for reals and there was no snow and I was kinda disappointed.  We had snow here two years in a row in January and this year nothin', even though we kept hearing about how it was supposed to be such a cold winter this year.  Hmph.

Anyway, for today's card I tackled this week's SCS sketch challenge, which was one of those overly-complicated ones:


I actually left off one layer.  This is the maiden voyage for the Sale-a-Bration set You're Lovely--I lov stamps that coordinate with Framelits.  I got my color combo from Dynamic Duos, with the addition of Baked Brown Sugar for a neutral.


And now I need to get going...dogs to walk, kitchen to mop, lunch date to celebrate a friend's birthday.  Oh, I'd better check my card stash for a birthday card...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  You're Lovely
Ink:  Island Indigo, Real Red, Pistachio Pudding (I *had* to make the leaves green, but they're only a little green!)
Paper:  Island Indigo, Baked Brown Sugar, Whisper White, Quatrefancy & Fresh Prints of Bel Air DSP
Accessories:  Deco Label Framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, Mosaic EF, Dimensionals

2 comments:

canadian_liner said...

This straight-line/graphic design is beautifully softened by your choice of floral DP and the very pretty sentiment panel. I really like the embossed kraft background. THanks for linking up with the DYnamic Duos this week!

CCsMom said...

This post today is funny on SO MANY LEVELS. First, we have SNOW here this morning!!! And yes, it's really neat -- there isn't too much of it and the roads are not icy. So yay! #2 is the word "lovely". I was talking to one of my bosses the other day and she said my other boss, who I've never met, uses the word "lovely" to describe ME! I think that's the first time I've heard that word associated with me. Ha!

I do love your card. It has a kind of Japanesey vibe to it. Maybe it's the red layer, but I do really like it and the colors. Thanks for sharing.