Friday, March 7, 2014

Friday Flashback: Best Blossoms

It's Friday Flashback time!  This week's randomly chosen retired stamp set is Best Blossoms, a Sale-a-Bration stamp set from several years ago (probably back when it was still called Sell-a-Bration).  I think that I tend to use the SAB stamp sets much less frequently than the main catalog ones, probably because they're current for such a short time, so today's Flashback is once again on the short side.


Horrible picture, it's very old.  So there's my one previous card with Best Blossoms, I kinda like how I did the color in the flower centers.  Here's my new one:


There's a larger flower in the set that I was trying to use around the punched-out sentiment, but I couldn't get it to work right so I went back to the trio of small flowers instead.

I turned to the latest challenge at Freshly Made Sketches for inspiration today:


And also the color challenge at Inkspirational, how could I resist when green and purple are my two favorite colors?


So that's it for me this week, folks.  I didn't study as much as I wanted to yesterday because I had a dog not feeling well and then I got a giant headache...little boy dog seems to be doing better today but my headache has stuck around.  Bleargh!

Hope y'all have a great weekend free of headaches and dogs who don't feel well.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Best Blossoms
Ink:  Almost Amethyst, Pistachio Pudding, Concord Crush (stamped off once)
Paper:  Almost Amethyst, Pistachio Pudding, Whisper White, retired Concord Crush DSP
Accessories:  Deco Label punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Marina said...

Love the combination of patterns and great choice of layout - our colour combo goes with it perfectly. Thank you for joining us at Inkspirational Challenges. Come back next time! Marina

Jen Mitchell said...

I've got to tell you that Best Blossoms is one of my all-time favorite stamps! I haven't inked it up in quite a while so it's a real treat to see it here! I love the color combo you've chosen and how you made your own DSP with the random stamped images! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Nonni said...

Wow, what a great card! I love the modern layout, your stamping and the use of our inspiration colors. Thanks for joining us at Ikspirational!

Narelle Farrugia said...

This is so lovely Christy! Purple & green is so pretty together and I love how you've created your own DSP with your stamping! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

CCsMom said...

I really like how the flowers look in that first card. Very cherry blossomy! Glad you are feeling better and so is Vader. Love you!