Friday, April 11, 2014

Friday Flashback: Butterfly of Happiness

Happy Friday!  Welcome to this week's Friday Flashback, where my retired stamp set this week is Butterfly of Happiness, which debuted back in 2006.  I think I'm going to try out something a little different...I like to tag every stamp set I use in each post, but it can be confusing for the longer flashbacks so I'm going to try out putting captions on the photos with the names of the other stamp sets (other than the featured Friday Flashback stamp set) that I used and we'll see how I like it.  I do have several photos to share today, so let's go!

Also features French Script

My first card with these butterflies; very simple monochrome purple.

Also features Take Three and Wild Hearts

Next one up, I rather liked this one at the time in blues and teals.  The background with the butterflies on top and the blue sponged on bottom is actually one piece, I covered the seam with ribbon.  I think I could do this idea better now ;)  Maybe I should have just done a makeover of this card, hmm.  Well, I still can I suppose.

Also features The Gifts of Spring and Beyond the Basics

Can't forget the baby books!  The little stamped butterfly in the journaling block is from today's stamp set.

So that's it for the flashback, here's today's bright and happy new card:


Let's take a closer look at that tangerine butterfly:


SPARKLY!  I stamped it once in Tangerine Tango and then stamped over it again with Versamark and embossed with Iridescent Ice.  Looks pretty cool IRL if I do say so myself :)  The ribbon tab and rhinestones on the card add other bits of shine.  I like it.  Which is saying a lot since I kinda feel like my mojo has been on vacay of late.

Must give props to Colour Q for the beautiful color combination:


Loved those colors together as soon as I saw them, so I was happy that my randomly drawn stamp set worked with the color palette.  Ok, to be fair if it hadn't worked I would have probably drawn another stamp set name until I got one that did ;) but this time I got it on the first try.

Anywha, do also check out the latest Retro Sketch:


I stuck to it pretty good this time around, I even got the little embellishments in the right places.  Whee!

Thanks for stopping by today, and I hope you have a lovely weekend.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Butterfly of Happiness
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Bermuda Bay, Cool Caribbean, Versamark
Paper:  Peach Parfait, Cool Caribbean, Bermuda Bay, Tangerine Tango, Whisper White
Accessories:  White organza ribbon, rhinestones, Iridescent Ice EP, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

That is a GREAT stamp set! Super. LOVE IT!!!

Sylvia said...

What a pretty, glittery butterfly card, Christy, such a happy card! So glad to see you at the colourQ this week, thanks for playing with us.