Friday, April 18, 2014

Friday Flashback: Extreme Elements

Buon giorno and welcome to this week's Friday Flashback!  This week's featured stamp set is Extreme Elements, and I think I got it on sale and then never used it...until now!  And I made a scrapbook layout and managed to use every stamp in the set except one.


I bet you can figure out where we were when we took these photos ; )  Click here to see the photos close up on my other blog.  So here's a couple detail shots of Extreme Elements in action:


Stamp collages are difficult for me.  I wish I'd let the wing be a little darker on here, but otherwise I think it's at least moderately successful.


I used the now-retired textured cardstock for my page base, which made this stamped fleur de lis even more weathered-looking than usual.  I like it.

That's it for me, have a great weekend!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Extreme Elements, Well-Worn Alphabet, Rough Type Alphabet
Ink:  Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Soft Suede
Paper:  Early Espresso, Island Indigo, Cajun Craze, Whisper White, Well-Worn DSP
Accessories:  distressing tool from the retired Cutter Kit

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

You chose the perfect colors for that layout. I LOVE it!!!

CCsMom said...

And I just read your comments on that page. We watched part of some movie with Nero in it and they showed the Christians being fed to the lions. All I can say is that humans can be horrible to one another. It's a shame.