Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kissin' the Blarney Stone

Wow,  I had intended to make a card this morning for today's post, but I kinda had a headache and the rain lulled me to sleep sometime around mid-morning and I just woke up and here it is mid-afternoon.  Sooo...how 'bout a nice Irish scrapbook layout for today?


As I said in my journaling, sometimes I can't believe all the cool things hubs and I get to do, like kiss the Blarney Stone.  If you're curious, they do disinfect it periodically--not between every person though, so they didn't do it between the four of us in our group so hubs made sure to kiss it in a different spot than Bennet who went before him :)  But you're kissing a ROCK, you can't be too picky about hygiene.

Detail shots!


As soon as I stamped the first letter on my title, I realized I needed to ink up my Night of Navy ink pad, but it was too late.  Didn't want to do it then and have one letter way lighter than all the rest, so they're all a little bit faded.  (I did ink it up when I was working on another layout...and then realized after I'd already put all the ink on that I was using an Island Indigo ink refill.  D'oh!)  The handwritten words are done with Gumball Green marker; I traced over them a second time to make them stand out better.


Little four-leaf clover hidden in the corner :)


I was hoping I had a stamp that was just lips but I don't, so I went with this one from Best of Love instead.  And the end of my journaling says "Pucker up, buttercup!"


And here's a progress shot from my desk, you can see I work in creative chaos clutter (and then I have to clean up between projects).  Lately I haven't been cropping my photos hardly at all, but I wanted to squeeze in all 11 pictures on this one so I had to chop 'em a bit.  I didn't want to crop the photos until I was sure how I wanted to lay them all out, so I used some white scratch paper (the kind that comes in scrapbook sheet protectors when you buy them) and chopped that to the sizes I thought I'd use.  Worked a treat to make sure my placement was okay, and then I didn't have to worry about messing up the photos.  I use that same scratch paper to stamp alphabet letters on and use them for placement the same way; I've got small plastic bags of letters in all my alphabet stamp cases.

If you're interested, you can see the original photos here.

Cheers, peeps!  Thanks for stopping by today.  Erin go bragh!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Broadsheet Alphabet, Hearts & Clovers, Best of Love
Ink:  Gumball Green, Night of Navy, Regal Rose
Paper:  Gumball Green, Night of Navy, Whisper White, DSP from Little Yellow Bicycle (hey, if SU! made DSP that would work on Ireland pages, I totally woulda used that, but they don't)

4 comments:

CCsMom said...

This is just so awesome! I especially love the photo of Missy on that bench. Isn't that neat? And the castle picture in the right-hand corner with the beautiful sky in the background. So neat!

Got a call from someone at our corporate office and she was bragging on her daughter graduating from college (nurse!) and I just had to mention that YOU had passed your MASTER'S EXAM, so we had great news all around. So proud of our "kids"!!!

Tanya said...

Oo very smart to lay out your title like that!! Fun page! :)

CCsMom said...

Oh, and you already had the gift of gab. Does this mean your a doubly blessed? OH MY!!!

CCsMom said...

Wow, I really messed up that last post, didn't I? My English REALLY isn't that bad.

Does this mean you're doubly blessed?!!!