Friday, July 4, 2014

Friday Flashback: Right at Home

Friday again, and that means it's time for a Friday Flashback!  This week's stamp set is Right at Home, and our flashback today is a bit on the abbreviated side.


Yep, that's it!  This card is from 2006, and I used my favorite technique of polished stone on it.  So here's the new card:


Ummm, I was trying too hard to use a sketch and I'm not overly fond of it but let's just keep moving shall we?  I now know why I hadn't used this stamp set more often:  it is a PAIN in the REAR to color!  The lines are super thin, the spaces are tiny, and it takes forever.  But my brother and SIL moved into a new house not too long ago so at least I have someone to send this to : )


I think THIS is the way to do the images in this stamp set:  don't color 'em!  So much faster.

That's it for this week, thanks for stopping by!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Right at Home, Background Basics, Something to Celebrate 2011
Ink:  StazOn Black, Real Red, Night of Navy, Whisper White
Paper:  Night of Navy, Real Red, Whisper White, Real Red DSP
Accessories:  Watercolor Wonder Crayons, Labels Collection Framelits, Dimensionals, Oval & Scalloped Oval punches, Hexagon punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

I DO like this. Love the technique on the first card, but the colors on the 2nd are so cheery. Very nice.