Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Horses for You

Wow, I did not think I was going to get my card posted today.  I haven't completely organized my stamps yet and I was searching for one particular "for you" stamp and could NOT find it anywhere so I decided to start taking the stamps out so I can alphabetize them.  Yep, my craft room currently looks like this:


Don't tell the hubs, that's only half the stamps.  I found the stamp set I was looking for halfway through my sort here.  So then I was able to finish up my card in about ten minutes!


I have a ton of Saddle Club books (horsey books for preteens) that I am giving to my friend Vicki's granddaughter, so of course I needed a horsey card to go along with the books.  (I want to make a bookmark too, but one step at a time.)  I used the latest sketch from Retro Sketches:


Since this card is going inside a package I figured I could go crazy with the jumbo button--no idea who made that one, it was one I found in my non-SU button stash.  The two smaller buttons are SU though, long-retired.  And all the stamps are retired too.

Anyway, the hubs is taking me to Panera for dinner (I'm a lucky stamper), so I'd better get moving.  Plus I still have to pull out the other half of the stamps and get to alphabetizing...

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU! (though half of them are retired)
Stamps:  Bareback, A Word For You, Flannel Plaid
Ink:  Versamark, Garden Green, Really Rust, Chocolate Chip, Marina Mist, Whisper White
Paper:  Soft Sky, Garden Green, Crumb Cake, Trim the Tree DSP stack
Accessories:  Top Note die, buttons, Early Espresso EP

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I completely love the card and the colored horses and the huge button, but I REALLY love your stamp collection! :D

CCsMom said...

Oh good for you, finding a little girl that will enjoy your books probably as much as you did. She will love the card, too! So cute. Good job!