Friday, November 28, 2014

Friday Flashback: Make a Mitten

I hope y'all had a great Thanksgiving yesterday!  Sweet potato casserole makes for good breakfast food :)  Anyway, it's time for a Friday Flashback, and now that Thanksgiving is over we can concentrate on Christmas cards!  Today's featured stamp set is Make a Mitten.  As usual, I think I need to use this cute stamp set more often!

Also features Snow Swirled
So let's start out with a baby book layout just for funsies.  These cute mittens are perfect for any winter-themed project, including a January layout.

Also features Snow Swirled & Bootiful Occasions

There are two different stamps that are patterned mittens, but the set also includes several stamps you can use to decorate your own mittens any way you want so that's what I did here.  I really need to use the adorable tiny reindeer stamp!  So here's today's brand new project:


I had planned to use the reindeer on this one but it didn't fit!  Oh well.  I found a scrap of that patterned paper in my stash and thought they, that's perfect!  I wanted to use some bright, fun colors today and it doesn't get brighter and funner than Tangerine Tango.  I used the sketch from The Paper Players:


That's it for me today...it's time to take the doglets for a walk and then get cleaned up to go to the movies.  Have a great Black Friday, everyone!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Make a Mitten, Snowflakes
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Pacific Point
Paper:  Soft Sky, Old Olive, Whisper White, Frosty Day DSP
Accessories:  Mitten punch, Banner Framelits, white baker's twine, button, Dimensionals

4 comments:

laurie said...

I love the sweet little mittens! Such a cute card. Thanks for joining us this week at The Paper Players!

LeAnne said...

Oh how cute! I love that you used the mittens as your focal point! FUN! Thanks for playing with the Paper Players this week and using my sketch!

stampwithsandy said...

You've been a busy crafter, Christy! Love those cute mittens. Thanks for playing along with us this week at The Paper Players!

CCsMom said...

Cute, cute! That is such a cute idea with the string tying them together! Great job.

So glad I got to talk to you this weekend. We are still laughing about the apron story. I had to share it with a few others and we thought it was cool. You made a fashion statement!!! LOVE IT!