Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Nachos: Choose Happiness

Good morning!  I admit, I meant to type up this post last night but I was so pooped I just forgot.  Oops.  But here I am this morning with a Nacho-riffic color combination:


It's perfect for a Christmas card, right?  So, of course, that's what I DIDN'T do.


This was a bit of an experiment and sadly I think it was less than successful.  I used three embossing powders:  gold, Wild Wasabi (which is a Dynamic Duo with Garden Green so it counts), and Cherry Cobbler on Early Espresso cardstock.  I wanted to use something like the retired French Foliage but I was trying to use only current stuff...I think the flower stamp (the red EP) is a little too abstract to tell what it is easily on this card, and the Wild Wasabi EP ended up being much lighter and in-yo-face than I expected.  Still, don't let this put you off trying this color combo since I'm sure you can do something prettier with it!

Check out the Nacho blog for some beautiful stampy inspiration (and notice that I was the only one contrary enough to try to do something not Christmasy!) and then go forth and stamp!  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Choose Happiness, Gorgeous Grunge
Ink:  Versamark, Cherry Cobbler, Garden Green
Paper:  Garden Green, Brushed Gold, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Accessories:  Gold, Cherry Cobbler & Wild Wasabi EP, Cherry Cobbler seam binding, Bracket Label punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Very interesting. I thought the red looked like fireworks bursting in air. Maybe if the flower was more defined . . . but I do like the color combo!