Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Too Much Pie? Never!

So I lied...I have one MORE "one more" fall card :)  I couldn't resist, I had to use this sentiment stamp from October's Paper Pumpkin kit:


So THIS is now the card I'll give to the hubs' aunt and uncle for hosting us tomorrow.  I'm in charge of the desserts (how'd that happen?) so today's task is to make pumpkin praline pie, apple pie, and pecan pie.  I already made Mississippi mud and sweet potato casserole yesterday.

I used the current Cupcake Inspirations challenge to make my pie-themed card:


Cute cupcakes, right?  And I used the sketch from Fab Friday:


And I stuck pretty well to BOTH challenges, yay me!  Well, I've got the hubs peeling potatoes right now to make a roast for dinner tonight so I guess I'd better get in the kitchen and get started on those pies :)  Happy Thanksgiving, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Fall Fest, My Paper Pumpkin October 2014 kit, Perfectly Preserved (retired)
Ink:  Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Paper:  Cherry Cobbler, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, retired So Saffron DSP (yay for using up scraps)
Accessories:  Fall Fun & Cannery Framelits, hexagon punch, Argyle embossing folder, Regals Candy Dots, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Tanya said...

I like it! The cherry and pumpkin look bold against the saffron in an awesome, striking way!
Your dessert menu sounds great! :)

Tina said...

lovely card...thanks for sharing at cupcake inspirations

Tina
sweetie dt

CCsMom said...

Very interesting colors together! I'm glad you had such a good time at Thanksgiving!

Brian King said...

I love these colors together - and the apple and pumpkin seem destined for each other. Thanks for playing along with this week's Fab Friday sketch challenge.

Amanda Mertz said...

Great colors! I wouldn't think fall right away but paired up with your pumpkin & apple (LOVE those sets by the way!) and the fun sentiment it is a perfect last fall card! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!