Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Getting Organized

I really wanted to share a card with you today, Mom.  But I didn't get one made yesterday, I was gone all morning with my stitching group, and now I have a headache and all I want to do is lay down...I actually started a card, but then it got messed up with ink everywhere it wasn't supposed to be and I just don't have it in me to start another one, OR finish the scrapbook layout I started yesterday.

So instead, I bring you these pictures from a month or two ago when I set out to organize my cards.


Yep, I've got a lot of cards, for almost every occasion imaginable (or no occasion at all).  You know those photo storage boxes they sell at the big craft stores?  I have a jillion of those (can't help it, every time I see them on sale more of them come home with me!) so I put them to use.  I divvied up my cards by general themes and then separated them into boxes.  Here were some of my themes:

  • Birthday
  • Thank you
  • Thinking of you and Friendship
  • Christmas and winter
  • Fall, Halloween, and Thanksgiving
  • Love and anniversaries (includes Valentines)
  • Miscellaneous holidays (Mother's Day, Father's Day, 4th of July, etc.)
  • Kids and babies
  • Happy (I had lots of cards that say Happy Everything or even just happy, so I went with it)
  • Sympathy
  • Blank cards that could be used for any occasion
There were more but I can't remember off the top of my head what they all were.  So here's what that stack looks like now:


Be still my heart, how I love organization!  I wrote what kind of card was in each box on the little tab that goes on the front of the box.  The four all-white boxes on the bottom shelf are actually full of photos and so are two of the boxes on the shelf above that, but the rest are all cards.  Yeah, some of them may only have two or three cards in them, but at least now if I need a card for a specific occasion I don't have to wade through fifty random cards before I find a birthday card.

I'm off to lay down for a bit.  I was going to do the grocery shopping this afternoon, but we might just be ordering pizza for dinner instead...

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Well shoot -- sorry you weren't feeling well. Yes, you are Ms. Organization on steroids, that's for sure. I find that I get somewhat organized, then using folders or whatever goes out the window because I think I'm just inherently messy. What can I say? You must've gotten this gene from your dad, I guess, although your Aunt Joni is pretty well organized also.

Anyway, I hope you feel much better today. Love you MUCHO!!!