Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Nachos: Very Merry Everything

Happy Tuesday morning, Nacho fans!  It's time for another great sketch from Nacho Average Challenges, so check out this beauty:


I had quite a few ideas for this one, but it's definitely time to buckle down and make some Christmas cards!  So here's my slightly nontraditional card:


I loved last year's winter DSP that had lots of Bermuda Bay in it and thought I could make that work with this year's All Is Calm DSP.  I tilted the DSP panel just for funsies, and I really wanted Bermuda Bay Candy Dots to put on the bottom but I'm out of that color and no matter how often I put on mood music and turn down the lights in my craft room, my remaining Candy Dots flatly refuse to get together and make new little baby Candy Dots for me.  So I used white Candy Dots instead and added a teensy border of torn Bermuda Bay cardstock, which turned out better than I'd anticipated it would.  Yay.

So you know what's next:  it's your turn!  Visit the Nacho blog for more eye candy and then make your own project for us to ooh and ahh over.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Merry Everything
Ink:  Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Smoky Slate, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White, All Is Calm DSP
Accessories:  Note Tag punch, Neutrals Candy Dots, Dimensionals, white organza ribbon

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

That IS very non-traditional. It is a nice card, though. I like the technique. Good job, Christy!