Monday, January 5, 2015

Dover Castle

Morning, Mom! :)  Welcome to the first full week of the New Year.  One of my New Year's resolutions is to make more scrapbook pages, which is a recurring goal of mine.  I'm happy to report that I produced two scrapbook layouts this weekend so hey, there's one goal I'm starting on!  Here's the first one...well actually, I made the other layout first, but this one is first chronologically.


I have problems taking pictures of scrapbook layouts in my craft room in this house because the way it's set up, the table sits right under the light fixture.  Plus I took this picture last night after dark and natural light always helps.  But anyway, if you want to see the original pictures, they are here and here. If you click on the photo above, you can see it larger,

To help me achieve my scrappin' goal, I rejoined the monthly scrapbook goal challenge thread on Splitcoast, and found a link to their first scrapbook sketch challenge of the year:


I altered the sketch a little bit, but I kept all the same elements for the left page of my layout.  I usually don't like for my photos to touch with no mat or anything in between :)  I just extended the line of the patterned paper out to the second page to make my double-page layout.  Here are the colors I used:


Usually, I spread out all the photos and pick out colors based on what I see in the pictures, and then find patterned paper to coordinate.  This time though, I found that pattern from Well Worn (retired) and thought it worked well with my photos, so I started with the patterned paper and worked backwards for the colors.

That's it for me this morning, peeps.  I'm off for my run.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Letterpress Alphabet, Spencerian Alphabet (upper and lower)
Ink:  Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso marker
Paper:  River Rock, Cajun Craze, Not Quite Navy, Well Worn DSP
Accessories:  None unless you count the SAMJ and a ruler

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I DO like that patterned paper with this. I was going to make my 2014 Christmas letter page. Wow, I am WAY BEHIND on that task, let me tell you. Haven't scrapped in a long time. I need to hurry up and get Adam's AF book up to date, though. Pretty soon he'll have the other event of promotion that will need to be scrapped, too. Wow, life just seems to keep happening, doesn't it?!!!

Alexis said...

We just PCSd to Missouri and I have a dedicated crafting room again! I've promised myself that I can't unpack it until I get the rest of the house done, but that then I can craft all I want! I cannot wait to get some scrapbooking done again!