Friday, January 2, 2015

Friday Flashback: Sweet Treats

It's the first Friday of the new year and that means the first Friday Flashback of 2015!  So today's stamp set is a real oldie, Sweet Treats, which retired in 2006.  Let's take a look back, shall we?

Also features Filigree
Please pardon the terrible picture, this card actually looked much better IRL than in this photo.  The filigree background was embossed with Iridescent Ice, as was the entire panel with the cake on it, so it was very sparkly.

Also features Teeny Tinies and Beyond the Basics
There are people who call the long-retired Orchid Opulence color Fairy Puke Purple, but I actually liked it and set out to make a card with it to try to make other people like it too.  Not sure if I changed anyone else's mind, but I enjoyed the challenge.

Also features Background Basics and Whimsical Alphabet
And here's the third stamp in the set, which now has me wishing I had ice cream.  And also one of those cool dishes to put an ice cream sundae in.

Also features Whimsical Blossoms wheel and A Greeting for All Reasons

Last but not least, this was the card I made for the first swap I ever participated in, not too long after I started stamping.  I do have a collection of wheels, but very rarely did I ever use them except when they were current.  Well, there were a few that I cut up and made into individual stamps, so I used those a bit more often.

Anywha, here's today's brand new creation:


January is my birthday month so I thought I would make a birthday card today.  Someone else is having a birthday too:


The color challenge at Colour Me...! is to pick one of the previous challenges, so I got some scrap paper to write down a couple of the challenges that I liked.  Then I ended up writing down about 2/3 of them, so I could probably do a Colour Me card every day for the rest of the month ;)  But here's the one I picked for today:


Nommy picture, and I do love the colors together!  So that's that.

It's raining in Alabama and I'd been hoping to take the dogs for a walk today.  Guess I'll have to do laps around my house until we leave to go see Night at the Museum 3 at the theater?  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Sweet Treats, Birthday Wish (single stamp)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Bermuda Bay, Real Red, Smoky Slate, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive
Paper:  Bermuda Bay, Basic Black, Whisper White, scraps of Big Top Birthday & Fresh Prints (of Bel Air!) DSP
Accessories:  Banner Framelits, Dimensionals

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

I absolutely LOVE today's card. Very nice and cheery. I really like the colors, too. Great job!

I watched "Night at the Museum 1" the other night. I really liked that movie, but it reminded me of the same premise as the "Santa Claus" movies. At any rate, I might just watch #2 and go see the #3 movie. Robin Williams was great in the first one. I miss him.

Have a great day!

Unknown said...

LOVING this collection ;) Truly cannot pick a fav!!! Thank you so much for sharing a card with us at Colour Me…! for our 1 year anniversary :)