Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Florence, Firenze

It's April Fool's Day (and my girl Sadie's birthday), but no tricks here!  I've been having SO much fun working on my scrapbooks lately that I'm sharing more pages today, even if it isn't Scrappy Monday.  So Scrappy Wednesday, y'all.  I've got about a dozen more layouts already done and waiting to be posted here, and I can't wait to start on another one.


See the original pics here and here.  On my first trip to Italy (hubs had been there before for work), we went with some friends and spent about half of our 10 days in Rome, then divided the rest of our time between Florence, Pisa, and Venice.  So this is the first layout of my Florence pictures.


I wanted to use the Morning Post alphabet for my title since I'd used it on the Venice pages, but it just wouldn't quite fit on there so I used the Italian Firenze instead, and then stamped Florence with the Spencerian Alphabet above it.


How fantastic is that Venetian Romance paper?  It's not just for Venice anymore.  SO glad I got an extra pack or two before it retired.  I thought about adding some accents in the upper right corner and bottom center, but I didn't want to cover up the pretty pattern.


Sorry this is a wee bit blurry, but I wanted to share a closeup of the stamp I used under the pic of Sarah and me on the carousel.  It's from the long-retired Sweet Serendipity; it took me a while of going through my old stamps to find the perfect sentiment for this page.


Here's the color palette for the first layout:  Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede, and Cajun Craze.  I wanted warm colors to go with the terracotta tiles on the roofs.


The slightly different color palette for the second layout:  still Very Vanilla, Tangerine Tango, and Soft Suede, but I added in a bit of Hello Honey, Always Artichoke and Island Indigo.

That's it for me today.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Morning Post Alphabet, Spencerian Alphabet Lower, Bliss, Sweet Serendipity
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Soft Suede, Cajun Craze, Island Indigo
Paper:  Very Vanilla, Cajun Craze, Tangerine Tango, Always Artichoke, Hello Honey, Soft Suede, Venetian Romance DSP
Accessories:  retired something-or-other label punch, circle punch, hexagon punch

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

The paper is awesome and the photos are GORGEOUS. Looks like you had wonderful weather. I love how blue the skies are. I think I'd just have to pinch myself to believe that I'm actually there. (I really do that!) Yeah, I know, I'm crazy.

Can't wait to see you!!!