Thursday, May 28, 2015

Aca-Awesome

I must confess:  up until last week, I'd never seen the movie Pitch Perfect.  My friend Ashlea insisted that I had to see it, I would love it, and it would change my life.  Not sure it's life-changing, but I do love it :)  And as it happens I needed a thank you card for Ashlea so I couldn't resist making a Pitch Perfect-inspired card.


If you've never seen the movie (Mom), it's about an all-girls college a capella group, and the characters have a habit of adding aca- to random words.  Aca-people.  Aca-awkward.  Aca-babies.  Aca-scuse me (probably my favorite).  And of course aca-awesome.  And I put a cupcake on it because Ashlea loves cupcakes just as much as she loves Blue Bell ice cream, and also I got her a gift card to Gigi's Cupcakes.

I managed to squeeze in making this card yesterday when I was supposed to be prepping for the movers to get here today, but it was pretty quick to make thanks to Freshly Made Sketches.  But I was still in a hurry and that's why my cupcake is off-center; I couldn't peel up the Dimensionals and fix it :(  But that's part of the handmade charm, right?


And of course this also counts for the same SUO Sweet Treats challenge as yesterday's card.  Ok, I've got about an hour and a half before the movers show up.  Better get cleaned up and ready to go...cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Yippee-Skippee!, Calendar Alphabet & Numbers
Ink:  Coastal Cabana, Blackberry Bliss
Paper:  Coastal Cabana, Blackberry Bliss, Strawberry Slush DSP & cardstock
Accessories:  Cupcake builder punch, Itty Bitty Punch Pack heart, Dimensionals

7 comments:

CCsMom said...

Oh my goodness, it's TODAY!!! I cannot believe it. Seems like you just moved in and got settled. Well, off to another adventure. And you are glad to be leaving Alabama anyway. I'm sure you will enjoy DC. Lots to see and do there and lots of people to watch. That's what I need to be there for -- people watching. I was impressed the time we went together that people were friendly and helpful, especially for a tourist that had the "where-am-I?" look on their face. So coolness and I'll look forward to seeing you there.

The card is really cute. I guess I'll have to get that movie because I'm sure Dad would like it especially -- you know how he is about choir. I wasn't too sure about Rebel Wilson, but she is funny on all the talk shows I've seen her on. And you know I love Anna Kendrick. So yeah, guess I need to see it.

Have a good packing day. Got my fingers crossed that everything makes it without issues. Love you!

Jen Mitchell said...

Well, I'm pretty sure that Ashlea is going to aca-love this card. I did watch that movie, but as I can hardly remember it I would have to say that it was not life-changing. In fact, I'll confess that when I first started reading your blog post and you mentioned the movie I thought it was the one with Jimmy Fallon and Drew Barrymore about how he was a huge Red Sox fan! LOL! Anyway, this is a great card and I'm so glad you played along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Julie Gearinger said...

Love the colors and the cupcake- I am sure that Ashlea will (as Jen said) aca-love it as well!! Thanks for sharing with us at SUO Challenges :-)

Karen Barber said...

Another sweet card!! Cupcakes - they are good too. :):) I'm getting a sweet attack leaving your comments!

Julia said...

Totally cute. So glad you joined the challenge this week

Connie Babbert said...

So cute and love the story behind it! I've seen the first one, but obviously don't remember the aca-anything about it! Now you've made me curious to see it again. I'm sure your friend loved it! Thanks again for playing along with the SUO Challenge this week!

Unknown said...

Christy, very cute card with fun colors and a fun story to go along with it. I'll admit that I've never seen the movie. Hope the packing went well - not on my list of favorite things to do. Thanks for playing along with the SUO Challenges.