Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Happy Butterfly

Salutations and greetings, friends!  Just trying out a new greeting.  It is a sunny Wednesday morning here and I just so happen to have a sunny card to share.


See?  Sunny.  I'm loving Daffodil Delight lately.  For my butterfly, I got some watercolor paper and did a wash on it with Daffodil Delight and Tangerine Tango ink refills, though I kinda wish I'd sponged the edges of the butterfly a little to give them more definition.  I wanted a solid butterfly, so I cut out one of the fancy butterfly Thinlits and then used the negative shape to trace the butterfly on the back of my watercolor paper (so then I could cut it out and not have to worry about pen lines on the edges).  The sentiment is from the soon-to-retire hostess set Hello Love, which I got last month and hadn't used at all yet; it's got some cute images so I do hope to get something made with it in the next couple weeks.

Anyway, the super cheerful color combo is courtesy of ColourQ:


And I used the latest Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch:


I stuck very close to the sketch this time :D

Anyway, lots to do today so I'd better get a move on.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Hello Love, Flower Patch
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Daffodil Delight
Paper:  Daffodil Delight, Strawberry Slush, Whisper White, watercolor paper, Coastal Cabana DSP
Accessories:  Butterfly Thinlits, Banners Framelits, hexagon punch, Dimensionals

5 comments:

CCsMom said...

VERY nice. Love the cheerful colors. Hope you are having a good day. I guess the Stanfords are on their way there, right? Busy day.

Terri said...

I love the washed effect on the butterfly, what a happy card for someone! Thanks for creating with us at Sketch Frenzy Friday!

Jen Mitchell said...

So bright and cheerful! Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at colourQ!

Sylvia said...

What a happy card, Christy, love the butterfly theme! So glad you joined in the fun at the colourQ.

Lindsey said...

Fabulous zingy card! X