Thursday, May 21, 2015

Sunny Butterfly

I think I'm on a butterfly kick...this is two days in a row.  It's only going to get worse, too--one of the top three stamp sets I can't wait to get my hot little hands on in the new catty is all about the butterflies.  And new butterfly Framelits.  But for now let's have a sunny day:


I inked up the sentiment stamp in Pear Pizzazz and used a Q-Tip to remove the color from a couple of key words, which I then colored with a Bermuda Bay marker.  I don't think I quite got all the Pear Pizzazz ink off though, because parts of the Bermuda words have a distinct greenish cast.  But I'm all like hey, it's an extra color freebie!

Speaking of colors (or should I say colours?), I got this awesome colour palette from Colour Me...!


They're having a design team call right now and I was thinking that I'd love to put my hat in the ring to try out for it, but we're moving in a couple of weeks.  But then I just saw that the DT commitment doesn't start until July, and that might be doable.  Hmm...

Anywha, I also used the sketch from Fab Friday:


I love how there are different challenges every day of the week; my only problem is that a lot of times I need an extra six or seven days in the week to play in all of them, even with combining two or three at a time.  Life is so tough ;)

Hope you have a sunny day, peeps!  We're off to my hubs' cousin's high school graduation tonight.  I'll be wearing a fun springy floral dress.  Cheers!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Butterfly Basics, Feel Goods, Hello Love
Ink:  Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay
Paper:  Pear Pizzazz, So Saffron, Bermuda Bay, Whisper White
Accessories:  Butterflies Thinlits, Subtles Candy Dot, Dimensionals

P.S.  I now have the theme song to Sesame Street stuck in my head.  "Sunny days...."

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

I LIKE it! I'll have to check out the new butterfly things!

Hope you drive safely and have a good time this evening. Love you!

Heather said...

So much fun! I love inking up sentiments with markers to use multiple colors - this one looks awesome! Fun colors! Thanks so much for joining us at Fab Friday!

Amanda Mertz said...

Love these colors with the butterfly and big sentiment! I was trying to do this challenge yesterday too and I couldn't get something I liked but you nailed it! Thanks for sharing at Fab Friday!

Tanya said...

I really like both of your butterfly cards! So happy and fun!
...and thanks for the song...lol! That's the second Sesame Street reference I've seen today! Haha!

stampwithsandy said...

This is gorgeous, Christy! I love how you combined elements from different stamp sets. They work perfectly together. Thanks for sharing with us this week at Colour Me!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

perfect sentimentand love this bright card! Thank you for joining us at Colour Me!