Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday Flashback: Express Yourself

Happy Friday, peeps!  This week's Friday Flashback stamp set is Express Yourself, a collection of sentiment stamps that was a hostess set in the 2013-14 catalog.  A lot of times I don't use hostess sets a whole lot, but I do love this one so let's go!

Also features Hello Lovely
Something CAS to start off with; I think that Eastern Elegance DSP was one of my all-time faves.

Also features Falling Leaves
This was for one of the crazier Splitcoast sketches; I haven't done one of their challenges in a long time actually.


Oops, I chose the pic that doesn't have the entire card front on it but you get the idea.  Made this for the hubs for our 10th anniversary a couple years ago.

Also features Hearts a Flutter
Another CAS creation...

Also features Best of Autumn
And here's another fall card.  I like that leaf, it's a pretty image.

Also features Serene Silhouettes
I loved how the color wash looks on the silhouette image panel, and then right when I was finishing up this card I got a smudge on it.  Oops.

Also features Lovely as a Tree
Are you seeing a trend with the sentiment stamp yet?  The other sentiments are perfectly good too but I seem to be drawn to that "always thinking of you one".  And for my next trick:


Yup, I used the same sentiment on today's new card.  I do love how this one turned out though, I used the color challenge from Colour Q:


Those colors just screamed FALL to me so I went with it (though I do have some flower stamps that look like the images on that phone case).  Fall is my favorite time of year; I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures, sweaters and scarves without being absolutely frozen solid, and of course fall baking.  Because Thanksgiving.  And I just love baking.  Washing the dishes afterwards, not so much :p


I based my card layout off of this older Sketch Frenzy Friday sketch, but the linky is closed for it.

That's it for me this week, have a great weekend.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Express Yourself, Gently Falling, Sanded
Ink:  Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie, Taken with Teal, Rich Razzleberry, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Early Espresso, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Autumn Meadows DSP
Accessories:  Wide oval punch, Dimensionals

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Oh, I LOVE those colors together. Yes, they are SO FALL. LOVE it! Seems like I saw some yarn with just these colors in it. I am READY for FALL for sure. Today I am wearing a BROWN shirt -- well, it goes with my new glasses, so I wore it to accentuate them. They are AWESOME cats-eye glasses. I feel REALLY COOL today! AND the added benefit -- I can actually SEE!!! Ha!

You have a wonderful weekend. Thank you for sharing.