Monday, August 24, 2015

Xi'an Terracotta Warriors, Part 1

Mornin', Mom!  It's time once again for some scrapbook pages, so let's go back to China.  And actually, today's pages are from what is maybe my very favorite place we visited in China:  Qin Shi Huang Di's tomb near Xi'an.


See the original pics here.  I printed out so many pictures that I actually made FOUR layouts with them, so I'm only sharing the first two today.  This was my first hack at the first page, but I ended up making one change to it...


I used Bordering Blue as an accent color on all the other layouts and I just had to add a bit to this first one.


And there's the second layout.  I used the same basic colors for all four...


Night of Navy for the page base, Sahara Sand (which is pretty much what color the terracotta warriors are), Summer Starfruit, Bordering Blue, Riding Hood Red, and Whisper White.  I was able to rustle up four different patterns of Summer Starfruit with white so each layout has a different pattern but in the same colors.  So stay tuned next week for the other half of the terracotta warrior pages.

Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  Rough Type, Ancient Asia (you can just barely see a kanji on the label in the top left of the first layout)
Ink:  Night of Navy, Sahara Sand
Paper:  Night of Navy, Sahara Sand, Bordering Blue, Riding Hood Red, Whisper White, Birds of a Feather & High Tide DSP (both patterns in Summer Starfruit)
Accessories:  lettering template, Apothecary Accents Framelits

2 comments:

CCsMom said...

SO GLAD you got to this place in your travels. It is AWESOME. Your photos make me see that is was SO MUCH LARGER than I ever expected. It is something else. I just love it. And you do such a beautiful job in scrapbooking. Makes me jealous.

Not sure when I'll get back to it was I have two Star Wars costumes to make BY HALLOWEEN. I am measuring the guys next week and figuring out how much fabric they will need to buy, so we'll be on our way. I have the patterns purchased, however, so I have a good start. I have vacation saved up -- I may just use one or two as a work day on the costumes since Dad won't be able to take the same time off with me. Might as well. I'm sure I'd get a bunch done.

Just had to say on this first day of school that I am thinking about all of my teacher friends, wishing them good luck and that they find this year their best ever. I know of 4 right off the top of my head, plus others associated with school in other capacities. I appreciate all that you do, teachers. It's amazing!

Thoughts by B and M said...

Love these!!!!!! Best.vacay.ever!!!!