Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Nachos: Bunnies, Bunnies, It Must Be Bunnies!

Happy Tuesday, Nacho fans!  How was your holiday weekend?  I hope you're ready to start the week off with a Nacho Average Color Challenge:


I must confess something.  Have you ever seen two colors together and thought wow, those should never go together?  My mom is like that with navy blue and black.  Confession time:  I'm like that with gray and brown.  They just don't go together in my brain!  The only way I can sorta wrap my brain around it is to go with nature images, 'cause trees are brown and some animals are gray.  So that's what I did for today's card.


Both the bunny and the sentiment stamp are from Thankful Forest Friends in the new holiday catalog, aren't they cute?  I have the Into the Woods paper too but I thought I'd use the Woodgrain embossing folder for a bit of texture.  I will admit that the cardstock is Soft Suede, not Early Espresso, but I thought it needed to be a little bit lighter and I did sponge Early Espresso ink on it and you're allowed to add neutrals if you wanna.  Neener neener.

So now it's your turn to give it a shot!  Then share your creation with us on the Nacho blog.  Happy stampin', y'all!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Thankful Forest Friends
Ink:  Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Early Espresso, Smoky Slate, Always Artichoke
Paper:  Island Indigo, Soft Suede, Whisper White
Accessories:  Woodgrain EF, Deco Labels Framelits, Dimensionals

P.S.  Ten million life bonus points if you're extra cool enough to get the reference in my blog post title!


2 comments:

CCsMom said...

You are right -- not a big fan of gray and brown together. Seems like they EITHER team gray OR brown with other colors, not together. But this is a cute card.

Thoughts by B and M said...

funny, almost started exactly how your mama did....but I'll just say I agree with you on the color combination! :-)