Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Corny Goodness

Howdy, y'all!  How's it going this fine Wednesday?  I had some fun this morning working in my craft room, and for today I pulled out some retired stuff--stamps, paper, and ribbon are all retired.


I like this year's Into the Woods paper, but for me it just isn't as awesome as past years' fall-themed papers.  I got a bunch of packs of Orchard Harvest when it went on the clearance rack but for this card I managed to use scraps.  The corn panel is actually two pieces, I cut thinner strips to 5 1/4" and overlapped them under the two cardstock strips so I wouldn't have to cut into a new sheet of patterned paper.

Anyway, the latest Global Design Project challenge is what prompted me to break out Perfectly Preserved:


Since we were out of town over last weekend I didn't get my card for their sixth challenge linked up in time (rats!) but I have done every challenge over there.

I also used this week's Mojo Monday sketch:


At first I was going to use the apple stamps from Perfectly Preserved, because I think every farm should have an apple tree, but I changed my mind because I don't think I'd ever used the corn stamp so why not try something different?

Alright kids, I'm off to go do other things.  Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, all SU! (some retired)
Stamps:  Perfectly Preserved, Pursuit of Happiness
Ink:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Lucky Limeade, Cajun Craze
Paper:  Early Espresso, More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Very Vanilla, Orchard Harvest DSP
Accessories:  Cannery & Lots of Labels Framelits, Neutrals Candy Dots, vanilla taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals

5 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Your card just screams "farm"!! That corn cob is actually darn cute and a great choice. Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week ♥

Jess said...

Fab idea to think of this retired paper - how perfect for our farm theme at GDP this week. Thanks for playing along with us again!

Kylie Bertucci said...

I thought of the apples right away too Christy! But then thought everyone would use it and change. lol. I love your idea to use the corn - looks awesome and fits the theme so well. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project challenge! We appreciate you playing along and your support.

Brian King said...

Christy Lynn - This corn stamp and paper are perfect for this challenge - the colors and images are so beautifully combined. I love how you've paired it with this gorgeous sentiment. I’m so happy you played along with this week’s Farm-themed challenge over at the Global Design Project!

CCsMom said...

I really like the corn. So cool, Kik! And where I grew up, I'd see corn growing between my house and Mimi's. Just LOVE it!!! Great colors, too. Makes me want to get out in nature and enjoy all the fall sights. Great job.