Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Nachos: Beware of Jellyfish

Howdy, Nacho fans!  Are you ready for another great Nacho Average Sketch Challenge?  'Cause it's here!


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love sketches like this that look pretty simple but you can really let your imagination go wild with 'em.  So here's my card:


When the Stampin' Up! catalog debuted last summer, there was a lot of discussion on Splitcoast about why on earth they'd have a jellyfish stamp.  Now, I've never been stung by a jellyfish (probably because I don't ever want to swim in the ocean, it smells weird and it's full of jellyfish and sharks and other things that can kill you) but when they're in an aquarium and nowhere near stinging me, they're kinda pretty.  So I like the jellyfish stamp, and this card just kinda made me giggle a bit.  I used the Alphabet Rotary stampy thing to make the sentiment...I had to do it over three times before I got a good impression of everything and I got the words exactly where I needed them.  I also used the rotary for the inside of the card:


So yep, there you have it.  The Night of Navy Candy Dot was a late addition to the card, I thought that corner just needed something else, but if you want to see it Dot-less then here you go:


Your turn now, peeps!  Visit the Nacho Average Challenges blog to see the rest of the Design Team's eye candy, then make your own to share on the linky.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  From Land to Sea, Alphabet Rotary
Ink:  Night of Navy, Watermelon Wonder, Pool Party
Paper:  Night of Navy, Whisper White, Cherry on Top DSP
Accessories:  Regals Candy Dot

3 comments:

Tanya said...

hahaha! I LOVE this!!! That's an awesome use of the stamp!
I missed the chatter, but if I was by the ocean, or could afford to visit our outrageously priced Aquarium, I would totally use it!

CCsMom said...

Wow, that is incredible. I would never have thought they'd make a stamp of a jellyfish. That is incredible. I grew up going to the beach and my dad used to pick up jellyfish that had washed up on the sand -- and throw them like a frisbee. Until a woman walked up to him and said, "Don't do that -- I used to do that and they squirt some kind of toxic fluid and I got SO SICK." The ones he threw didn't have tentacles like this one does, though. What came with the jellyfish? Pretty funny.

Unknown said...

ha - I love this too! Very clever my dear!