Friday, November 27, 2015

Friday Flashback: Big Deal Alphabet

Heyyy it's Black Friday.  Are you getting your shop on?  I'm not really planning to.  I think we have too much stuff already, unless we're talking about craft supplies, in which case I do need some more ;)  But it's time for the Friday Flashback!  This week's stamp set is Big Deal Alphabet, and you know that if it's an alphabet that means scrapbook pages :)

Also features Up, Up & Away

But first up a name frame.  Kinda cute, right?  The paper I used is called Big Top Birthday, and half of it is really, really fabulous and the other half I don't know what you'd use it for, but happily that half is all on the flip side of the half I really like and I need about a zillion more sheets of that red star pattern.

Also features Retro Alphabet Upper & non-SU stamp

Love this layout.  I don't seem to do a lot of pink for page bases, but I love how this one turned out.  and the title.  Love the rainbow-licious title.

Also features Rough Type, Gorgeous Grunge

The thing I love about alphabet stamps is that you can use them as much as you want, unlike stickers where you always run out of E's and have a zillion X stickers and nothing to use them on.  And I can make the letters any color I want, that's pretty fabulous too.


When you read this page title, you're supposed to sing it to yourself and do jazz hands.

Also features Ocean Commotion
Another favorite page, although the day we took these pictures I was really busy being seasick the whole time.  But the pages look pretty great.  What's not to love about a blue and orange color combo!

So that's the Flashback, and here's today's new project, another scrapbook layout:


And it's another blue and orange color combo.


It's been so overcast and rainy here lately that the colors aren't coming out true to life, that's not gray it's Marina Mist.  As you can tell from the title, these pics are also from our Fuji trip, but I had pictures of us at several different restaurants so I just grouped them all together.  And "Fuji Food" just sounded funny in my head, thus my title was born.  Plus it amuses me to post a food-related layout the day after the biggest meal of the year.


Today's color palette:  Marina Mist, Garden Green, So Saffron, Tangerine Tango, Basic Black, and Whisper White.  I'm still doing green and gold for Fuji pages, although I used a different pattern from the Haiku pack than I did on the three layouts where we're actually on the dread mountain.

Have a great weekend, peeps!  And if you're out shopping, be careful out there.  People be crazy!

Supplies, Fuji Food only:
Stamps:  Big Deal Alphabet
Ink:  Tangerine Tango, Early Espresso
Paper:  Marina Mist, Garden Green, Whisper White, Garden Green DSP, Haiku DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

Getting inspiration from your layouts. I need to get with a scrapbook I have at home and one that you gave me some more supplies for. First things first -- the Star Wars costumes as times' a'wastin'!