Friday, November 20, 2015

Friday Flashback: Secret Garden

Hey y'all, happy Friday.  This week's Friday Flashback stamp set is Secret Garden.  So let's hop to it!

Also features Perfectly Penned, Positively Chevron
 Let's start off with some shiny gold chevrons, shall we?  I think the Strawberry Slush flowers really pop against the lighter colors and the gold.

Also features Simple Stems, Blessings from Heaven, Gorgeous Grunge
And here's a less successful card; there are matching Secret Garden Framelits and the stamp set Simple Stems works with them too.

Also features Sweet Serendipity

And for the last part of the Flashback, I made this one for the Sweet Serendipity flashback a little while back.  So that's it for digging around the archives, and here is today's brand new card:


This time I hand-cut the flowers instead of using the Framelits because my little girl dog parked herself right behind my chair and I couldn't get up (I'm absolutely certain she does that on purpose).  I need a birthday card for my MIL, so I turned to this week's Create with Connie and Mary color challenge:


I did only use SU! products, though the stamps are retired; they don't specifically say that's against their rules but if it is then they can throw paper scraps at me.  I love it when Elegant Eggplant shows up in color challenges, which happens next to never so I had to play along.

I also really liked this week's CAS(E) This Sketch:


So that's it for me today, folks.  I need to go vacuum the house (hopefully the vacuum won't try to knock me down the stairs this time) and get my Thanksgiving shopping list ready.  Cheers, peeps!

Supplies, last card only:
Stamps:  Secret Garden, Happy Everything
Ink:  Island Indigo, Versamark
Paper:  Island Indigo, Elegant Eggplant, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Gold EP, Dimensionals

6 comments:

CCsMom said...

LOVE the colors on that last one. Simple and sweet. But the 1st and 3rd are some of my faves, too. I like chevrons, but you know that already!!!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a great selection of cards - Secret Garden was a favourite of mine too! I love the bold trio of flowers against the purple background on the last one with the embossed sentiment. Thanks for joining us over at Create With Connie and Mary this week!

Leigh Penner said...

Wonderful cards! I especially love your wonderful take on the sketch!

Chris Slogar said...

Great cards! I love the flowers against the Eggplant background on your challenge card! The gold embossing looks awesome too! Thank you for joining us at Create with Connie and Mary!

Mary Brown said...

what a wonderful card! I love the CAS layout for your fun 3 flower card! I know what you mean about the doggie parking behind you so you can't move...I have two that do that to me. And you can't move and disturb them! Thanks for joining us this week for the Create with Connie and Mary Thursday Challenge!

AB. said...

Beautiful cards and I love what you did with the Create with Connie and Mary colours....the gold embossing is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week. :)