Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Send Me Soaring

Up through the atmosphere, up where the air is clear...okay, so the original song was about kites, but that's what the sentiment that I used on today's card reminds me of.  Take a looksie!


That, my friends, is a super-cool biplane stamp that's in the limited-time-only Sale-a-Bration section, so get it by February 15.  Isn't it fantastic?  At first I had a heart in the lower right corner but the compass rose seemed like a better idea.  I'm a bit less thrilled with the splats in the corners, but I was kinda trying to follow the sketch which you'll see as you scroll down.

Hold on to your hats, folks, because I managed to make this card work for no fewer than FIVE challenges.

First up is the color challenge at In{k}spire Me:


I've been following their challenges for quite some time but I think this is the first time I've played along.

Next up is the Around the World challenge from Cupcake Inspirations:


I used the World Map stamp in the background of my card, plus of course you could use a biplane to travel lots of places.  Wouldn't be as much fun right now since it's colder than Hoth today, but you could.

And then there's the Global Design Project Love challenge:


I made this little non-traditional Valentine for my hubba-hubba-hubby, who wanted to be a pilot starting when he was five and who has actually flown a biplane before.

You know what just popped into my head?  This song:  "People all over the world, join hands!  Form a love train, love train!" Only mine is a love PLANE.  Bahaha.

Moving right along to the sketch from Mojo Monday:


And finally, the What Will You Stamp? challenge to use Sky is the Limit:


I was really happy to have this little nudge to break out the biplane stamp.  And now I'm back to slaving away on baby shower stuff...cheers, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Sky is the Limit, The Open Sea, Timeless Textures, World Map
Ink:  Night of Navy, Tip Top Taupe, Tangelo Twist, Soft Sky
Paper:  Night of Navy, Tip Top Taupe, Soft Sky, Thick Whisper White
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, circle punch, Dimensionals, Brights Candy Dot

15 comments:

Tanya said...

hahaha! You are awesome! This is a great card, and I seriously love that little plane too! How cool that your husband has flown one!!

Paula Dobson said...

Your Huba-huba-hubby is going to flip over this valentines card Christy, especially as he has flown one of these little puppies himself. Awesome card! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project this week.

Tanja said...

great take on our challenge theme - thanks for sharing your project at Cupcake Inspirations

Unknown said...

Very cute!

Card Bomb said...

What a fun card and you definitely win the award for most challenges combined into one card! I love the red candy dot on the compass! Thanks for playing along with us at What Will You Stampthis week!
-Maria

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cupcake Inspirations, good luck!!! Amy DT

Tammy said...

Love it!!! The color combination is perfect with this set! Great card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Such a great card. Love that map background. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

Creative Heart Designs said...

Great card! Colors work great together and it's very eye-catching.

Creative Heart Designs

Unknown said...

Awesome - nice work.

CCsMom said...

What an awesome card, Kik. Well done! I love EVERYTHING about it. Super.

Brian King said...

Great layout and colors on this card! Such a great card. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Love Theme challenge at the Global Design Project.

Fliederfee said...

What a great card! I love the way you use our color challenge.
Thank you for joining our In{k}spire_me Challenge, ela

Kathy Schweinfurth said...

What a wonderful card! Love that stamp set and you pulled all the elements together beautifully! Thanks so much for playing with us at Cupcake Inspiration this week!

Indy's Designs said...

What a fabulous card! Love the travel-related elements! So glad you shared your card with Cupcake Inspirations' Around the World challenge.
Debbie, DT Sweetie