Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Jazz Hands!

Hey, y'all.  Sharing is caring, but NOT when you have a cold.  Not sure if it was my mom or my hubs that shared with me, but I'm ready to get rid of it.  All I wanna do is sleep, but yesterday I was pretty productive in the ol' craft cave so I do have a card to share today which is really what you're here for and not me whining about my cold.


Let's take a minute to talk about this card.  I bought Picture Perfect because of the beautiful hummingbird and what have I NOT used yet from that set?  Uh-huh.  But that starfish.  I feel like I could draw a face on the top arm and this is an interpretive dancing starfish.  Jazz hands!  It just seems to have Attitude to me.  Maybe it's the cold meds talking.

Anyway, I used this week's Global Design Project sketch:


I had originally planned to put the seahorse from By the Tide in the lower right corner, but it just didn't look right so Candy Dots to the rescue (how do I love Candy Dots, let me count the ways!).  The color combination is from The Colour Tree:


I stamped the starfish with Crushed Curry (stamped off once) and Hello Honey on top, though really I think those two are practically the same color anyway.  I also added some Smoky Slate because for some reason I am really drawn to blue-yellow-gray color combinations lately.

Well, now I have to decide if I want to go back to sleep for a bit or work on the scrapbook layout I started yesterday.  Which will also be blue-yellow-gray, because if it ain't broke...well, you know.  Peace out, peeps!

Supplies, all SU!
Stamps:  Picture Perfect, Hello
Ink:  Crushed Curry, Hello Honey, Night of Navy, Smoky Slate
Paper:  Night of Navy, Smoky Slate, Whisper White, Hello Honey DSP
Accessories:  Regals Candy Dots

9 comments:

Paula Dobson said...

Another awesome card Christy. I laughed at the Humming Bird comment. How often do we do that as crafters? But at least you know now you will use more than just one of the stamps! Thanks for playing at Global Design Project with us this week.

Tanya said...

I really like this!
I find it funny that you think the two shades of yellow are about the same...I like Crushed Curry and I do NOT like Hello Honey... :)

Bronwyn Eastley said...

A great combination of colour and sketch. I can see what you mean about the dancing star fish and I'm not on meds! Thanks for playing along at TCTC.

CCsMom said...

I really do like those colors together and the gray really add something to it!!! Great job, Kik.

Yeah, this cold seemed to hang on and hang on. I know for sure who I got mine from. Glad mine is finally over with, for sure.

Love you!

CCsMom said...

Oh, I looked at the card again -- LOVE how the sponging behind the starfish looks like sand. These are interesting creatures to watch. They DO seem to have attitude!!!

CCsMom said...

How are you feeling today?

Cheryll Miller said...

Love the colour scheme Christy! This is a really striking card! xxx

Brian King said...

These colors are perfect together! So beautiful! The sponging under the sea star is wonderful. Thank you so much for playing along with this week's Global Design Project Sketch Challenge!

Stampin' Dolce said...

I am playing catch up looking at the Global Design Project entries from last week! OMG! I love it! This card is great!