Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Shanghai Museum

Hey kids!  Since Scrappy Monday got pre-empted by the Nacho blog hop, I thought I'd share my scrappy goodness today.  So I did the Gifts from the Orient Friday Flashback pretty recently, and I just had to use the stamp set one more time.  However it wasn't still out on my desk, I'd been a good girl and put up my toys so I had to pull it back out again to make today's scrapbook layout.


China pictures!!! (HI MISSY!!!)  Our very first stop on our very first full day in our very first Chinese city was the Shanghai museum.  And I think I used half of my Oriental stamps on this layout--Gifts from the Orient, Ancient Asia, Asian Art, and Asian Artistry (yeah, those are two different stamp sets).  I think I have most of the Asian stamp sets that SU! has produced, though there are a few I'm missing.


Today's color palette:  Primrose Petals, Crushed Curry, Marina Mist, Whisper White, Garden Green, and Basic Black.  I continue to love Thick Whisper White cardstock.  I think regular Whisper White might be relegated to being inside card liners on really dark cards...

Cheers, y'all!  And wasn't Chinese New Year not too long ago?  Happy Year of the Monkey!

Supplies:
Stamps:  Rough Type, Gifts from the Orient (floral vase), Asian Art (coin and characters), Ancient Asia (dragon vase), Asian Artistry (flower)
Ink:  Memento Tuxedo Black, Basic Black, Marina Mist, Garden Green, Crushed Curry
Paper:  Primrose Petals, Basic Black, Thick Whisper White, Crushed Curry DSP
Accessories:  circle punch, Circles & Ovals Framelits, lettering template

1 comment:

CCsMom said...

China! Wow, you guys have been ALL OVER THE PLACE!!! Lucky you!