Saturday, March 5, 2016

Baby Books: June

Happy Saturday, y'all!  It's time to share another baby book layout, and this one might be one of my most favoritest ever.  Check it out:


My hubs kinda can't believe that I even have stamps of construction equipment *smirk* But how perfect for a little boy layout!  And that gear punch from SU...I got it when it retired and this is its maiden voyage, but it's like I KNEW I would need it for this.


I tried to color on the stamps with markers but I just wasn't getting the look I wanted, so I ended up stamping each piece of construction equipment multiple times in different colors and cutting out the bits I wanted.  The "base" layer is Basic Gray, and then the other colors are cut out and layered on top.  Time-consuming, but it looked how I wanted it to in the end.


I thought construction equipment was appropriately manly for a June/Father's Day layout.


Today's color palette just makes me happy:  Tempting Turquoise, Cucumber Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Soft Suede (for dirt), and Whisper White.  I love it.  Nice and sunny, perfect for summer :)

Cheers, y'all!

Supplies, mostly SU!
Stamps:  I Dig You, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Cucumber Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Soft Suede
Paper:  Tempting Turquoise, Cucumber Crush, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Basic Gray, Whisper White, Daffodil Delight DSP
Accessories:  Circles Framelits, gear punch, Sizzix Alphabet

2 comments:

Tanya said...

That is SO cool! I love the trucks for a baby book and I love your plan to layer the colors to get a better look than the markers! :) I agree...markers on solid images is never the best.

CCsMom said...

VERY nice, Kik! I LOVE the construction equipment. All the little boys I know just flip over the tractors and trucks. So cool!